Friday, March 13, 2009

Facebook becomes Twitter??



I logged into my facebook account today. In one second I thought I logged into Twitter! Here is a link to the facebook official announcement regarding the changes.

"We've updated our home page to make it easier to understand what's going on with the people you care about. Now your friends' posts are streamed in real-time and you have more control over what you see."

Clearly the redesign looks very similar to Twitter with extra functions. The most useful function to me would be the ability to filter out different groups, family, friends, schoolmate instead of making a big favorite list. Having photos and videos on the news is better than plain text of course. Because I have a Twitter account, I feel positive toward the changes. I remember last time when facebook changed its interface, many users objected to it. Lets see how people react to the changes this time.

2 comments:

  1. I’m often baffled by how the recent Twitter frenzy has overlooked the brand opportunity for marketers on Facebook, along with the lack of scale for Twitter. Yes, Twitter now has 6 million users, but Facebook has 175 million! More importantly, according to Nielsen’s recent report on social networks (which we covered this week), Facebook users spend an average of 3 hours and 10 minutes on the site per-month; the highest average time per-person amongst the 75 most popular brands online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get an access to the report?
    Did Myspace go downward or still grow but at a slower rate?
    I am interested in reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete